Code of Ethics
As a member of the Cocker Spaniel Specialty Club of Georgia, Inc., I promise to uphold the club’s Constitution and By-Laws, and pledge the following:
- To comply with all American Kennel Club, Inc. (AKC) rules and regulations, and to breed only purebred dogs that are open to registration with the AKC.
- To share with the public my knowledge of the American Spaniel Club standard and care of the Cocker Spaniel.
- To conduct myself in a way that promotes good sportsmanship, never demeaning another fancier or his breed, nor compromising the integrity of this club.
- To maintain high standards in the breeding, and care of my dogs.
- To breed only those dogs that are sound in mind, body and temperament.
- To refuse to sell under a Full Registration any dog for breeding purposes that is not sound in mind, body, and temperament.
- To sell or place under a Limited Registration in an appropriate home any dog that is not sound in mind, body and temperament, only if the dog is neutered or spayed, or if the Bill of Sale or other such document specifies that they will not breed the dog.
- To refuse to supply dogs for high-volume commercial breeding enterprise.
- To give an honest representation of the dogs and puppies offered for sale, without intent to mislead or advertise falsely in any way.
- To provide a complete health record with any dog sold, a registration record (as applicable), pedigree, care information, and reasonable help for the life of the dog.
SO RATIFIED THIS 26TH DAY OF AUGUST, 2007.